How to become a Professional client
Check out if you are eligible to become a professional client and trade with the maximum leverage of up to 1:400
ESMA regulation for financial market is already in place. Number of traders will face the leverage reduction to a maximum size of 1:30. However, this limitation does not have to apply to everyone.
Get the professional client status and enjoy higher financial leverage!
Protection of professional trader’s funds
- Safety of an EU-regulated bank – all clients’ deposits are safely deposited into a bank account, held in an EU-regulated bank, where they are insured up the amount of €100,000.00 against any potential bank insolvency.
- Segregated bank account – Clients’ funds are strictly separated from the Purple Trading assets on a so-called segregated bank account, where they may be used only for client’s trading and not for any other purposes.
- Negative balance protection – the Purple Trading STP model helps to increase the security of funds, meaning a model free of any conflict of interest. Purple Trading sends all the clients’ trades to interbank market. In the event of undesirable market conditions when the account of client falls into negative balance, Purple Trading will secure the client to avoid any higher loss, incurred to him, exceeding his balance, while as a result, the account will end only with a zero (not less).
Maximum leverage ratio depends on the total balance of trading accounts of the client, see the following:
Balance up to €10,000 1:400 max
Balance up to €100,000 1:200 max
Balance of €100,000 and higher 1:100 max
(Leverage is related only to the trading of forex pairs, table with fixed leverage for CFDs can be found here.
How to become a professional client?
1) Open a trading account – open a real trading account
2) Send an email request for a PRO account to the support team email address: email@example.com
3) Meet 2 of 3 requirements, mentioned below:
Requirements for getting the status of a professional client (enough to meet 2 of 3)
- the client has carried out transactions, in significant size, on the relevant market at an average frequency of 10 per quarter over the previous four quarters,
- the size of the client's financial instrument portfolio, defined as including cash deposits and financial instruments exceeds 500 000 EUR*
- the client works or has worked in the financial sector for at least one year in a professional position, which requires knowledge of the transactions or services envisaged
*Financial instruments - equities, derivatives (only cash deposits/profits), debt instruments and deposits in cash
Please make sure to review the client categorization policy in our Terms and Conditions to find out more information.
Please note the leverage changes only affect clients classified as a retail (that are subject to ESMA regulation), and do not apply to professional clients.